Written By: Garry Broeckling
The COVID-19 pandemic has drastically evolved the way companies use audio-visual services and video conferencing. When social distancing measures were in place and remote work became the norm, companies increasingly relied on audio-visual services and video conferencing to facilitate communication and collaboration among employees, clients, and partners. Lesson learned changed the mindset around the use of video conferencing, and solid video conferencing tools required are no longer optional in the workplace.
Some specific ways in which COVID-19 has changed the use of AV services and video conferencing include:
- Increased reliance on remote collaboration tools: With many employees working from home, companies have turned to remote collaboration tools like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Lifesize, and Google Meet to conduct virtual meetings and keep projects moving forward.
- Virtual events and webinars: The pandemic has forced the cancellation of many in-person events, leading companies to host virtual events and webinars using audio-visual services to connect with their audience. These trends still continue.
- Improved audio and video quality: As the use of audio-visual services and video conferencing has become more widespread, companies have invested in improving the audio and video quality of their tools to ensure clear communication.
- Enhanced security measures: With the rise of remote work and virtual meetings, there has been an increased need for enhanced security measures to protect against potential data breaches and cyber-attacks.
- Greater flexibility: The use of audio-visual services and video conferencing has allowed for greater flexibility in terms of work schedules and remote work arrangements, allowing employees to work from anywhere with an internet connection.
Overall, the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the adoption of superior AV and related video conferencing services by companies around the world, leading to a new era of remote collaboration and virtual events.
How to future-proof video conferencing solutions and what may change in video conferencing in the next five years.
To future-proof video conferencing solutions, companies need to consider several factors that could affect their video conferencing needs and capabilities in the future. Some of these factors include:
- Scalability: Companies need to choose a video conferencing solution that can easily scale up or down to meet changing demands.
- Compatibility: The video conferencing solution should be compatible with other communication and collaboration tools used by the company to ensure seamless integration.
- Security: Video conferencing solutions should have robust security features to protect sensitive data and prevent unauthorized access.
- Flexibility: Companies need to choose a solution that is flexible enough to adapt to changing technology and user needs.
- Accessibility: The video conferencing solution should be accessible to all employees, regardless of their location or device.
- User Experience: The solution should offer a user-friendly interface, easy-to-use controls, and deliver high-quality audio and video.
In the next five years, video conferencing services are likely to see several changes, including:
- Improved AI capabilities: Video conferencing solutions will be more intelligent, able to transcribe conversations, and provide real-time language translation.
- More immersive experiences: Virtual and augmented reality will be used to create more immersive video conferencing experiences.
- Better interoperability: Video conferencing solutions will be more compatible with other collaboration tools and communication platforms.
- Increased focus on security: As video conferencing continues to grow, security will become even more critical, and solutions will need to have robust security features.
- Advances in cloud-based solutions: Cloud-based video conferencing solutions will become even more popular, enabling more scalability, accessibility, and flexibility.
Overall, to future-proof video conferencing solutions, companies should consider scalability, compatibility, security, flexibility, accessibility, and user experience, while also anticipating advancements in technology that could impact video conferencing in the next five years.
Using DCS Global to help select a solution and to help future-proof choices your company will get the most from their investments in collaboration.
Garry Broeckling is a seasoned IT professional and the esteemed Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of DCS Global, a leading technology company. With over 30 years of expertise in the field, Garry has played a pivotal role in shaping the organization’s success and driving innovation in the industry.
Garry’s journey in the technology realm began when he co-founded DCS Global alongside his esteemed partner, Rich De Brino. Their shared vision and passion for cutting-edge solutions laid the foundation for the company’s growth and prominence in the market. Garry’s dedication to excellence and his relentless pursuit of technological advancements have been instrumental in positioning DCS Global as a trailblazer in the industry.
Residing in the vibrant city of Vancouver, Canada, Garry is deeply connected to his local community. Beyond his professional endeavors, he has actively contributed to public service in various roles, including serving as a voluntary firefighter and undertaking other positions in public service. Garry’s natural inclination for leadership, combined with his tech expertise, has enabled him to spearhead innovative initiatives in these capacities, leveraging technology to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
As the Global CTO at DCS Global, Garry’s responsibilities extend far and wide. His primary focus revolves around driving innovation within the organization, shaping its strategic direction, validating product choices, and establishing valuable partnerships. Garry’s visionary mindset and extensive experience in the IT landscape make him a trusted advisor and influencer in defining the company’s future.
Furthermore, Garry is entrusted with the crucial task of managing global support and operations at DCS Global. This responsibility showcases his adeptness in overseeing complex technological infrastructures and ensuring seamless functionality across diverse regions. His strategic acumen and strong analytical skills contribute to the company’s operational excellence and client satisfaction on a global scale.
With his wealth of knowledge, leadership prowess, and unwavering commitment to pushing the boundaries of technology, Garry Broeckling continues to leave an indelible mark on the industry. His relentless pursuit of innovation and passion for leveraging technology to improve lives solidify his position as a driving force behind DCS Global’s success.
About DCS Global
DCS Global (#DCSGlobal) is an collaboration, consulting, services and audiovisual (AV) integration company that provides various services related to digital signage, wayfinding, and kiosk manufacturing and deployment. The company specializes in creating interactive and engaging experiences for customers, visitors, and employees.
Their services include:
- Digital Signage: DCS Global designs, installs, and manages digital signage systems that help organizations effectively communicate with their audience. These systems can display content such as images, videos, and live data, and can be customized to meet the specific needs of each client.
- Wayfinding: The company offers wayfinding solutions that help people navigate complex environments such as hospitals, airports, and campuses. These solutions use interactive maps, directories, and other tools to guide visitors to their desired destination.
- Kiosk Manufacturing: DCS Global designs and manufactures custom kiosks for various industries, such as retail, hospitality, and healthcare. These kiosks can serve a variety of purposes, such as self-service check-in, product information, and customer feedback.
- AV Integration: DCS Global also provides audiovisual integration services for businesses of all sizes. These services include the design and installation of audio and video systems, conference room setups, and video walls.
DCS Global offers a comprehensive range of services to help organizations enhance their communication, customer experience, and operational efficiency through innovative digital solutions.